22pcs Professional Disc Brake Caliper Tool Kit
Product Number: 50-22PCPDBC
Product DescriptionUsing a specialized caliper depressor tool can make the job of replacing brake pads easier and safer as it helps prevent damage to the caliper and brake components. It is important to follow the manufacturer instructions when using a caliper depressor tool and to ensure that the tool is compatible with the specific make and model of the vehicle being worked on.
|0||PRT-01||2-1/2" Single Pin Disc for General Motors®79 Seville, EI Dorado||1|
|2||PRT-03||2-1/64" Single Pin Disc for Citroen/XM®, Xantia®(F/R)||1|
|3||PRT-04||2-5/32" Three Pin Disc for Audi®(F), Fiat/Alfa Romeo®(F), Ford®Fiesta®(F), Honda® Concesto(F); Jaguar® XJ6, XJ40(F/R), BMW® 318is,320i,325TD,518i,5251,1x,7401,850ci, M5(F), Mitsubishi® Colt(F), Nissan® Miera, Stanza, Sunny(F), Range Rover® Austin, Metro, 200&400 Series, Maestra, Montego(F), Toyota® Camry(F), Volvo®(F),VW® Passat, Golf, GTI(F)||1|
|4||PRT-05||1-1/4" No Pin Disc for Ford® AU&NZ, Telstar, Laser(R), Mazda®(R), Saab® 9000(R) Fiat/Alfa Romeo 1642(R), Honda Prelude, CRS, 16i,GM Saturn, Grand Prix, Lumina(R)||1|
|6||PRT8||1-21/32 Two Pin Disc for Nissan Primera, VW-Golf IV||1|
|7||PRT-07||1-21/32" Two Pin Disc for Audi 80,90,V8 100, Coupe E(R), Range Rover 800, Subaru L, Z(R), Ford Sierra, Granada, Scorpio (R), Nissan Bluebird, Silvia, Primera, Peugeot 405, 1.9Gi, Gro, Sri, Gtxi, MI, 2.0 Sri(R), Toyota Celica Corolla, GT, MR2 (R), VW Golf Gti, Jetta, Synchro, Jetta Gti, Passat CL, GL, GT, Corrado, Scirroca, GTX||1|
|8||PRT-09||1-7/8" Single Pin Disc for General Motors||1|
|9||PRT-10||2-1/8" Single Pin Disc for General Motors, Cadillac Seville& El Dorado||1|
|A||PRT-11||1-3/16” Two Pin Disc for Renault® R21, Laguna||1|
|E||PRT-12||1-21/32" Four Pin Disc for Cefiro, Maxima||1|
|F||PRt-13||1-¼” Two Pin Disc for Opel||1|
|L||PRT-14||Left Hand Thrust Bolt||1|
|K||PRT-15||2-1/8" Two Pin Disc for Citroen C5||1|
|M||PRT-16||1-1/4" Two Pin Disc for Ford||1|
|N||PRT-17||1-1/4" Hex Disc for Saab, Honda||1|
|R||PRT-18||Right Hand Thrust Bolt||1|
|K1||PRT-20||2-1/8" Two Pin Disc||1|
|K2||PRT-21||1-25/32” Two Pin Disc||1|
|10||PRT-22||1-21/32” Three Pin Disc for VW||1|
|23||PRT-23||Blow mold Case||1|
- This service kit will work with most model vehicles. See the parts list for a description of which components will work with your make and model.
- Read the vehicle owner's manual to determine which Disc and Thrust Bolt to use.
- Raise and safely secure the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and brake caliper.
- Remove the worn brake pads and hardware.
- Service the caliper according to the vehicle manufacturer's instructions.
- Move the T-handle of the Thrust Bolt to one side and slide the plate over the T-handle then down the Thrust Bolt, until it rests on the shoulder of the bottom of the Thrust Bolt. Apply the correct Disc to the two pegs on the bottom of the Thrust Bolt(the magnet will hold it in place).
- According to the vehicle manufacturer’s instructions, screw the piston into the caliper.
- Reassemble the caliper, brake pads and wheels.
- Note: Test the brakes thoroughly before use.
- Clean and store the service kit indoors out of children's reach.
Read this material before using this tool and its accessories. Failure to do so can result in serious injury. SAVE THIS MANUAL.
- This product is not a toy. Keep it out of reach of children.
- Use the correct adapter for the vehicle. The correct adapter will do the job better and safer at the rate for which it was designed. Do not modify this tool or its components or use it for a purpose for which it is not intended.
- Check for misalignment or binding of moving parts, breakage of parts and any other condition that may affect the product's operation. If damaged, have the product repaired or replaced before use.
- Use this tool and its accessories in accordance with these instructions and in the manner intended, taking into account the working conditions and the work to be performed. Use of this tool for operations different from those intended could result in a hazardous situation.
- Wear ANSI-approved safety goggles, NIOSH-approved dust mask/respirator, and heavy-duty work gloves during use and service.
- Stay alert and use common sense when operating. Do not use when tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication.
- Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance at all times. This enables better control in unexpected situations.
- Dress properly. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. Keep your hair, clothing and gloves away from moving parts. Loose clothes, jewelry or long hair can be caught in moving parts.
Maintenance and Servicing
Damaged tools and accessories can fail, causing personal injury. Do not use a damaged product.
- Before each use, inspect the condition of the tool and its accessories. Check for misalignment or binding of moving parts, cracked or broken parts, and any other condition that may affect its safe operation.
- After use, clean the external surfaces of the product with a clean, moist cloth.
Note: The warnings, precautions and instructions discussed in this instruction manual cannot cover all possible conditions and situations that may occur. It must be understood by the operator that common sense and caution are factors which cannot be built int o this productbut must be supplied by the operator.